Shlomo Ben-Tuvi was born on December 12, 1919 in Boston, MA to Max-Meir and Ida. He made aliya in 1937 and was a member of the Haganah from the day he came to the country.
He lived for a long time on Kibbutz Afikim, and then moved to Gesher and later to Givat Brenner. He served in the Jewish Brigade and in 1946 was sent to Military Officers Academy in England. With the outbreak of the War of Independence he was drafted into full service.
On July 11, 1950 he died while in service and was buried in the Military Cemetery in Nahlat Yitzhak.